This is one of our monthly plus episodes. You can access it by subscribing to Studying Pixels Plus. You will then receive an individual plus feed that you can add to your favourite podcast app.
We all know Mario and Donkey Kong, the NES and the Game Boy. But the origins of Nintendo reach much further and are deeply tied to the history of 19th and 20th century Japan. In this plus episode, we take you all the way back to explore how a small company made it big.
- Timeline of Nintendo’s History (Zippia)
- How Gunpei Yokoi Reinvented Nintendo (Matt Alt)
- Nintendo War Propaganda (Nintendo Fandom)
- A Dicey History (Mark Schreiber)
- Master of Play (Nick Paumgarten)
- title image by Marcus Richert, http://www.marcusrichert.com/images/koikoi1/ under Creative CommonsAttribution 2.0 Generic license