The annual Game Awards have become a staple of video game culture. Combining an award show with high-profile announcements, musical performances, and lots of advertisements, the event is a force to be reckoned with. Join us as we dissect this year’s Game Awards, including the way it engages with the problems of the industry.
In our side quests, we then discuss Nintendo’s lawsuit against Gary Bowser, Ubisoft’s engagement with NFTs, and Sony’s patent of the online path building feature in Death Stranding.
- 00:01:53 The Game Awards 2021
- 00:55:55 Nintendo hacker Gary Bowser agrees $10m fine (Tom Phillips)
- 01:05:34 Ubisoft’s NFT announcement gets more than 95% dislikes on YouTube (Chris Scullion)
- The original video announcement has been delisted by Ubisoft, presumably due to the high amount of dislikes
- 01:19:57 Sony Patents Death Stranding Online Path Building Feature