In the early days of video game studies, or so the story is told, there was a raging conflict between narratologists and ludologists. However much of an exaggeration this might be, Gonzalo Frasca’s Simulation vs Narrative is still an important contribution to this debate. That is why we revisit it—and you are invited to come along!
In our side quests, we then discuss how the Game Awards should respond to the fallout at Activision Blizzard, how Pokémon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl hails the original formula, and how Kid A Mnesia Exhibition allows us a glimpse into the world of Radiohead. Oh, and also we announce the winner for our PS5 giveaway. Congratulations!
- 00:00:38 The School of Podcasting: Honestly, How Long Does it Take to Create an Amazing Podcast Episode? (Dave Jackson)
- 00:05:28 Announcing PS5 Winner
- 00:07:29 Reading Gonzalo Frasca: Simulation vs Narrative
- 01:06:10 What to expect at the 2021 Game Awards (Shannon Liao)
- 01:16:43 Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl
- 01:20:28 Kid A Mnesia Exhibition
2 comments on “Reading Gonzalo Frasca: Simulation vs Narrative”