The Triforce is one of the most recognizable symbols in gaming, but did you know that it finds its origins in Japanese history? Often these symbols that pop up in video games have deep roots in history, culture, and even religion, and the Triforce is no different. Join us as we discuss the cultural history of this legendary Zelda symbol, including its mythopoeic origins, and its ties to a historical Japanese family!
In our side quests, we then discuss Sony’s acquisition of Bungie as well the flood of high-profile games coming out this month.
- 00:04:55 Kamon: The Origin of the Triforce
- Studying Pixels #16 Learning Japanese with Video Games (with Matt/Game Gengo)
- The Real History of the Triforce (Luke Plunkett)
- Kunisada, Lord Hojo Tokimasa Dreaming Benzeiten
- 00:33:14 PlayStation: Bungie deal is about multiplatform, live-service games (Christopher Dring)
- Sony offers Bungie employees $1.2 billion retention incentive plan (Derek Strickland)
- 00:45:06 Why a new huge video game is being released every week (Nicole Carpenter)
- 00:52:30 New Journal: Play/Write Student Journal
- 00:54:46 A MAZE: Call for Games
CC-Image by: Parisa – https://www.flickr.com/photos/asirap/3045658534