We might nostalgically look back at the beauty of game boxes and fail to realize how strongly they are linked to the economization of games. With our guest, game studies scholar Claudius Clüver, we trace how games got into the box and how, with the advent of digital distribution, they made their way back out.
In our side quests, we share our impressions of Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl, review Layton’s Mystery Journey: Katrielle and the Millionaires’ Conspiracy, and relish in the thought of having Gordon Ramsay visit Activision Blizzard.
- 00:03:56 Games in the Box (with Claudius Clüver)
- 00:32:07 Update on Activision Blizzard
- Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick Tells Colleagues He Would Consider Leaving if He Can’t Quickly Fix Problems (Kirsten Grind, Ben Fritz and Sarah E. Needleman)
- Nintendo Issues Internal Response to Activision-Blizzard Reports (Imran Khan)
- 00:40:31 The history of the strategy game (Fraser Brown)
- 00:42:06 Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl
- 00:49:04 Layton’s Mystery Journey: Katrielle and the Millionaires’ Conspiracy